So, your baby is turning one soon? It is such an important millstone for every parent (especially for a first-time parent)! You guys went so far and done so much and you truly deserve to celebrate this day and have a blast! That’s exactly what I wanted for my kids’ first birthday – I wanted a P-A-R-T-Y !
The first year in a child’s life is probably the hardest for every parent. I will never forget how I was celebrating each month in their first year. Every month was a little accomplishment, a little achievement, mommy’s little victory. So when my kids turned one I really wanted to make this day memorable, to make it special and to make it “oh, so pretty!”. Years after, of course I would like to remember all their birthdays, but especially the first one.
So, I put up this guide to help you guys with useful tips and hints and to hopefully elevate the stress of preparation for your baby’s first birthday.
1. Dessert table. I really wanted a “oh so pretty” desert table. My ideal desert table would have various baked sweets such as: cupcakes, cake pops, biscuits, candies, and of course a birthday cake. The theme for my desert table was an ‘’Elephant” and all the sweets were prepared in white and blue colours. The desert table was made by Biglicious Cakes. They have listened to me and incorporated all my requests and made me an ‘oh, so happy’ client. See for yourself.
2. This was not only me and my husband’s party, it was a kids’ party as well. All our friends came with kids ages from 1 to 11. So, the kids’ entertainment program was a must for us. It’s hard to keep all kids in one place during any birthday party, so trust me, as a parent you want to have all kids occupied for an hour or so. In the end, you need this time for your margaritas J! I have done my research and found an affordable Clowness who specializes in kids’ parties. She did a wonderful job in keeping all our kids entertained. She was showing them her magic tricks, dancing with them, making them balloon figures. And here again I was an “oh, so happy” client.
3. I also wanted to have a decorated corner set up for my son and other kids’ photographs. I really liked the idea of having a set with helium balloons with a number ONE in the middle. So, I browsed Pinterest pages and found a setup that I really liked. My friends from BallonBar supplied me with the inflated balloons and I had a lovely decoration set for my birthday boy! This setup allowed us to have lovely studio-like photographs right in our house.
4. I have never had our family filmed before. However, I really liked the idea of capturing this special day for us and having a video that we and our kids could re-watch years after. Neofeelm made us a wonderful video of our special day and once again I was an “oh, so happy” client.
5. Cake Smash Photo Session. Being a photographer myself I obviously had to have a Cake Smash photo session for my son. Cake Smash sessions are a fun way to celebrate a kid’s first birthday! This is when your baby sees and tastes a cake for a first time, but even more importantly it’s a fun session when they can mess up the cake and, guess what? You don’t have to clean it after lol, because all the mess is left in the photo studio. Another advantage of having a cake smash session is the opportunity to have your family pictures done together with the birthday baby! Here is a link to an interesting article giving you 5 reasons to do a cake smash photo session for your child’s first birthday.
I think I’ve covered all important aspects of organizing the first birthday party for your baby! We truly had a great time, just like I envisioned. And I hope that my tips and hints provided above would be very helpful to you in organizing your amazing party. After all, you guys SO deserve it!